The secret to successful hiring is this: look for the people who want to change the world.
– Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce.
Sir Alex Ferguson, during his time at Manchester United, achieved something that is unprecedented in the annals of football history. He built one team after another that dominated English football for almost two decades and excelled in European competitions at various points during that reign. Although I have not read the books that he has written, I’ve spent some time thinking about how he achieved this feat and I believe it comes down to the following key facets,
- A coach who was able to put down broad guidelines on how the team should play/perform on the pitch (and off it), but gave them the freedom to express themselves
- A coach who was willing to reinvent himself and his team based on the challenges/competition that they faced
- A core group of highly-talented and highly-motivated players that were willing to take ownership for the success of the team
- A need-based forward thinking recruiting policy that brought in talented players from all over the world
I mention this because, I believe that building a team, a truly well-functioning team that performs well over an extended period is probably one of the most challenging jobs out there. At Kaleido, we have only just started down the path of building a team, but we realize that building a talented team requires a significant amount of time and effort.
We know that we want to build a team that consists of individuals with some of the below traits (which are aligned with our core values):
- Passion for improving people’s lives
- Collaborative and supportive work-style
- Drive to transform the way healthcare is delivered (in both urban and rural India)
- Determination to improve continuously
- Positive work-ethic (with balance)
For us, cultural fit is as important as the competence and skill-set of the person that we hire for a role at Kaleido. We are just getting started on our journey and our personnel requirements are hard to define (for now); we need support in several areas.
If you think you’d be interested in working at Kaleido, we’d love to hear from you. Tell us a little about yourself (your passions, skillset, and whatever else you believe will be relevant) and how you’d like to spend your time at Kaleido. Send us a note at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!